DescriptionFinancial and Managerial Accounting, 2nd Edition provides students with a clear introduction to fundamental accounting concepts. The Second Edition helps students get the most out of their accounting course by making practice simple. Newly streamlined learning objectives help students use their study time efficiently by creating a clear connections between the reading and video content, and the practice, homework, and assessments questions.
Weygandt, Financial and Managerial Accounting is ideal for a two-semester Financial and Managerial Accounting sequence where students spend equal time learning financial and managerial accounting concepts, and learn the accounting cycle from a corporate perspective. This program begins by introducing students to the building blocks of the accounting cycle and builds to financial statements. WileyPLUS sold separately from the text.
2 The Recording Process 48
3 Adjusting the Accounts 94
4 Completing the Accounting Cycle 150
5 Accounting for Merchadising Operations 204
6 Inventories 258
7 Fraud, Internal Control, and Cash 306
8 Accounting for Receivables 356
9 Plant Assets, Natural Resources, and Intangible Assets 396
10 Liabilities 444
11 Corporations: Organization, Stock Transactions, Dividends, and Retained Earnings 498
12 Investments 558
13 Statement of Cash Flows 598
14 Financial Statement Analysis 658
15 Managerial Accounting 710
16 Job Order Costing 752
17 Process Costing 794
18 Activity-Based Costing 838
19 Cost-Volume-Profit 884
20 Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis: Additional Issues 922
21 Incremental Analysis 972
22 Pricing 1012
23 Budgetary Planning 1056
24 Budgetary Control and Responsibility Accounting 1106
25 Standard Costs and Balanced Scorecard 1158
26 Planning for Capital Investments 1204
A Specimen Financial Statements: Apple Inc.
B Specimen Financial Statements: PepsiCo, Inc.
C Specimen Financial Statements: The Coca-Cola Company
D Specimen Financial Statements: Amazon.com, Inc.
E Specimen Financial Statements: Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
F Specimen Financial Statements: Louis Vuitton
G Time Value of Money
H Payroll Accounting
I Subsidiary Ledgers and Special Journals
J Other Significant Liabilities
K Standards of Ethical Conduct for Management Accountants
Cases for Managerial Decision-Making
- ORION: Based on cognitive science, WileyPLUS with ORION provides students with a personal, adaptive learning experience so they can build their subject matter proficiency and use their study time most effectively. WileyPLUS with ORION helps students learn by learning about them.
- Practice Made Simple: A new section in the text and in WileyPLUS offers students more opportunities for self-guided practice. In WileyPLUS, new practice assignments include several Do ITs, Brief Exercises, Exercises, and Problems, and give students the opportunity to check their work, or see the answer and solution after their final attempt. In the text, the new Review and Practice section includes for the first time worked out solutions to select questions, exercises, and problems: Learning Objectives Review, Glossary Review, Practice Multiple-choice Questions and Solutions, Practice Exercises and Solutions, and Practice Problem and Solutions.
- Knowledge Organization: Newly streamlined learning objective help students make the best use of time outside of class. Each learning objective contains a variety of practice and assessment questions, relevant review material, and educational videos, so no matter where a student starts their work, the relevant resources or practice is quickly made available.
- New Solution Walkthrough Videos with Paul Kimmel: Author Paul Kimmel walks students step-by-step through solutions to homework problems. Based on problems that are “similar to” (but not the same as) the problems students will find in their homework assignments.
- New Chapter Opener Videos with Paul Kimmel: Author Paul Kimmel highlights key concepts that will be covered in each chapter.
- New Excel Focus: Excel Tutorials teach students relevant accounting Excel skills, and provides opportunities for application and “What If?” analysis.
WileyPLUS is a research-based online environment for effective teaching and learning. Students using WileyPLUS do real accounting, get real results, by completing automatically graded homework, getting feedback on their answers, and accessing learning materials like the E-Text, problem walkthrough videos, and hints at the point of learning.
WileyPLUS now includes with an adaptive learning module called ORION. Based on cognitive science, WileyPLUS with ORION, provides students with a personal, adaptive learning experience so they can build their proficiency on topics and use their study time most effectively. WileyPLUS with ORION helps students learn by learning about them.