DescriptionThis tool needs no maintenance
Fully revised and updated, this convenient guide covers the latest industrial equipment as well as all the tools and machines prevalent in older plants, even those from the early 1970s and before.
Your complete reference tool
* Discusses machinery installation, welding, rigging, carpentry, basic electricity, and more
* Features a chapter on safety issues
* Covers belts, drives, transmissions, and bearings
* Examines automatic sprinkler systems
* Offers tips for preventive maintenance
* Includes coverage of piping and pipefitting
* Reviews shop mathematics, geometry, and trigonometry
2. The Basic Toolbox.
3. Power Tools—Portable.
4. Power Tools—Stationary.
5. Twist Drills.
6. Mechanical Drawing.
7. Electrical Drawing.
8. Isometric Drawing.
9. Single-Line Isometric Pipe Drawing.
11. Field Layout.
12. Machinery Installation.
13. Machine Assembly.
14. Use of the Torque Wrench.
15. Torque Specifications.
17. Plain Bearings.
18. Anti-Friction Bearings.
19. Life of Anti-Friction Bearings.
20. Installation of Anti-Friction Bearings.
21. Vibration Measurement.
23. Mechanical Power Transmission.
25. Flat Belts.
27. Positive-Drive Belts.
28. Chain Drives.
29. Gear Drives.
30. Shaft Couplings.
31. Screw Threads.
32. Mechanical Fasteners.
33. Gaskets, Packing, and Mechanical Seals.
36. Basic Electricity.
37. AC Motors.
38. Preventive Maintenance of Equipment.
39. Structural Steel.
42. Hand Signals for Cranes and Hoists.
43. Piping and Pipefitting.
44. Steam Traps.
45. Steam Piping.
46. Automatic Sprinkler Systems.
48. Shop Mathematics.
49. Shop Geometry.
50. Shop Trigonometry.